Follow the instructions in this sheet carefully. Failure to follow these instructions could
damage your equipment and void its warranty.
Written and video instructions covering customer-installable parts are available at
Warning: During this procedure, keep small parts away from children.
Warning: Memory cards come in various speciﬁcations. Only install memory cards
that are approved for your iBook.
• #0 Phillips screwdriver
• Jeweler’s ﬂat-blade screwdriver (if keyboard is locked)
• Small soft cloth (if an optional AirPort Extreme Card is installed)
Opening the Computer
Warning: Always shut down your computer before opening it to avoid damaging its
internal components or causing injury. After you shut down the computer, the
internal components can be very hot. Let the computer cool down before
1. Place your computer on a clean, ﬂat surface.
2. Shut down your computer and wait thirty minutes before continuing.
3. Disconnect the power cord and any other cables connected to the computer.